Grilled eggplant, feta, tahini and pomegranate
Are you a fan of eggplant but looking for a new way to enjoy it? Look no further! This Grilled Eggplant and Tahini Platter is the perfect recipe for you.
Not only is it delicious and healthy, but it’s also a show-stopper dish that will impress your guests. Get ready to fire up the grill and make some eggplant magic!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 lemon (+ zest)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pack feta cheese
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Start by slicing the eggplants into 1/2 inch thick rings. You could say these slices are the “wheels” of the eggplant.
- On a sheet or cutting board, place the sliced eggplant and sprinkle salt on top. Let it sit for a few minutes, then press out the excess water with a paper towel. It’s like a spa day for the eggplant!
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Cook the eggplant until they are golden brown and soft, flipping occasionally. We want the eggplant to have that “just right” golden brown color.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly crushed pepper over the eggplants. Now they are ready for their close-up!
- While the eggplants are cooking, mix the tahini with 3 tablespoons of water to form a thick, runny consistency. This mixture is the perfect accompaniment to the grilled and earthy flavor of the eggplants.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and cook the grated garlic until golden brown. Then add the lemon juice, zest, roasted garlic, and olive oil to the tahini mixture, stirring until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. This dressing is the “icing on the eggplant cake.”
- To assemble the platter, layer the eggplant on a large plate and drizzle the tahini dressing on top then sprinkle over a generous amount of the feta cheese. Grate some lemon zest on top and top the whole thing off with pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy! This dish is the “eggplant on top” of the foodie world.
This Grilled Eggplant & Tahini Platter
Is THE recipe that is sure to excite your taste buds. The combination of tender, grilled eggplant and creamy tahini dressing is simple yet bursting with flavor. Serve it with a side of crusty bread or alongside a big green salad for a delicious, balanced meal. And remember, when it comes to eggplant, there’s no such thing as “aubergine” excuses!